Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sapphires Are (Not) A Girl's Best Friend

Recently I caved and forked out money for OPI DS Sapphire.  I figured everyone wants it and therefore I must want it too!  I was so excited to get it because it looked gorgeous in swatches I’ve seen.  I bought it on eBay for a reasonable price and tried it on last night.  Unfortunately, I’m a bit disappointed.  Don’t get me wrong - it’s still a pretty light blue holo, but I don’t think it looks right with my skin tone.  It makes my hand look…washed out?  It just doesn’t stand out on me.  Here are a few photos:











Do you guys agree with me, or am I insane?  It was difficult to capture the holo effect, so these pictures aren’t the greatest.  I used Seche Vite top coat and it didn’t seem to mute the holo too much.  I thought maybe that was the problem, but I’m convinced that DS Sapphire is just not for me.  (FYI, the Seche Vite top coat DOES ruin the Nfu Oh holos – the rainbow completely disappears when you slap it on top.  But I’ve noticed on OPI holos that Seche Vite doesn’t really alter the appearance much.) 
 
I purchased 2 bottles of DS Sapphire so that I had a backup because I liked it a lot.  I guess I will be selling my backup bottle when I update my blog sale since I’m not too crazy about it now. 

Keep an eye on my blog - I will be revealing another giveaway and I’m pretty sure you’re gonna love it!  Until next time - happy polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment