Thursday, August 25, 2011

Polish Props: Zoya Jules

I'm baaaaccckkkkkk!! 

Once again, THANK YOU!! for all of the birthday wishes and kind words!  Turning 30 wasn't so bad, it was just...strange?  It's a whole new decade to get used to.  I had a fantabulous birthday though and enjoyed the time with my family and friends.  Unfortunately they left today so I'm a little sad and lonely.  As a distraction, I'm going to "bury my head" in nail polish.  :)

This post is the first in a new series I like to call "Polish Props!"  You hear so much about the special limited edition colors like OPI's Catch Me In Your Net or Merry Midnight, but how often do the shades that also deserve attention ever receive it??  The point of these posts is to bring to light the colors that get overlooked and that no one talks about.  Today's Polish Props features Zoya Jules!

Jules is a sparkling, metallic champagne with a golden shimmer - a perfect color for autumn in my opinion, even though it's not fall yet.  It's not your traditional gold because it has more silver and taupe undertones in addition to the gold shimmer.  The formula wasn't streaky per se, but imperfections are slightly noticeable where I know I fowled up.  I like working with Zoya's formula.  It applies smoothly and fairly evenly as most Zoya polishes do, and opacity was reached in two coats.   





The last picture is kind of crappy, but I thought I'd include it anyway to show what Jules looks like under dull light.  I'm not great with my camera, but I hope to get better at taking polish photos.

As most of you know, my birthday giveaway has ended!  Thank you to all who entered - I had over 60 entries!  I'm busy right now going through all of the comments and then I'm going to pick the grand prize winner!  I should know shortly who won and I will be contacting the winner tonight.  It was really fun for me and I'm so glad it was successful.  There will be plenty of giveaways in the future, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment