Saturday, September 10, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Forget You


Wow, I am a horrible nail polish blogger.  It’s been like a week and a half since I’ve posted anything.  I’ve been lacking the time and energy to write.  I also haven’t gotten a chance to swatch OPI Uh Oh, Roll Down The Window or OPI & Apple Pie because I’m lame.  But I have been taking pictures when I change my polish, so I have a few random swatches for you.

The first one is Deborah Lippmann Forget You.  I don’t really understand why they named it Forget You.  It makes me giggle because I think of Cee-Lo’s song every time.  It has a sheer black jelly base with tons of multi-colored glitter in various sizes.  As far as I know, this polish is only available in the limited edition Get This Party Started Set that also includes Happy Birthday and another new shade, Candy Shop.  Forget You and Candy Shop both have the same Happy Birthday glitter in them, but one base is a black jelly and one is bubble gum-pink.  I haven’t tried Candy Shop yet, so I don’t know if it’s also a jelly or not.




Once again, my pictures suck.  I told you I'm a terrible blogger.  You can click on them to enlarge.

This is 3 coats of Forget You.  You’d think after wearing nail polish every single day for the past 2 years I would have mastered the art of application.  But alas, I’m still learning.  I had to use 3 coats to evenly disperse the glitter particles and I still ended up with clusters of glitter in certain places and bald spots in others, mostly on the sides.








Like other glitter polishes, this one was a (pardon my French) bitch to remove.  But to me it seemed a lot more difficult to get it completely off compared to other glitters I’ve worn.  I had glitter all over my hands and also on my legs and clothes!  It was worth it though.  If you like glitters, the entire Get This Party Set is made especially for you.  

I didn’t realize I had so much to say about this swatch!  I think I’ll separate this post from the other 3 polishes I wanted to show you.  In the words of Ghost Hunters: onto the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment